It’s the wellness movement boom! Time to start eating healthy, exercising and opting for the organic. We’re rediscovering natural healthy products that have always been there, but are only now becoming a central part of our lives. The best one? Coconut oil.
As it turns out, coconut oil is one the most versatile and beneficial natural products there is, so versatile in fact, that we could find a use for it in every room of the house and even a reason to carry a bit of it around in our pockets. Here’s just a few interesting things coconut oil can help you with in your daily life –some of them might surprise you!
- In the kitchen: Coconut oil is a great replacement for most vegetable oils when stir-frying thanks to its higher smoke point, but did you know you can also use it to get a healthier kick out of your morning coffee? Make a blend of coconut oil, a little bit of unsalted butter and a touch of vanilla to create a cream and add it to your usual coffee. Give it a go, you won’t regret it.
- In the shower: The applications for beauty are endless! Try mixing it with sugar in equal parts as a natural body scrub. You’ll get all the smoothness without any of the harsh and expensive chemicals. Also for intensive conditioning, make the most out of a lazy weekend afternoon by applying natural coconut oil on your dry hair and leaving it in under a shower cap for a couple hours. Imagine coming out of that shower all glossy hair and silky skin… terrific!
- In the bedroom: If all you want is a good night sleep after a long day, then melting two tablespoons of coconut oil into your herbal tea before bed might be just what you need. Although if what you’re looking for is a more active night in the bedroom, then may we recommend coconut oil as an all-natural intimate lubricant? The texture is just right and it doesn’t mess with vaginal flora.
- In front of the mirror: If you’re getting ready to go out, we have to say coconut oil applied regularly on the skin can really help reduce cellulite and counteract acne, and rubbing just a dab though your hair after warming it in your hands will help you keep frizz under control. For when you get back home, coconut oil can serve as a gentle but effective make up removal, and as the main ingredient along with Shea butter in a soothing foot salve for cracked heels.
- In your living room: What do you know, it works on furniture too. For a homemade furniture polisher with that lovely coconut scent mix ¼ cup coconut oil, 4 tablespoons white vinegar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice on a recycled spray bottle, and for a natural stain remover make a paste out of one part coconut oil and one part baking soda, let it sit on the stain and then just wipe away.
- In your bag: No need to leave it at home. Take a bit of coconut oil with you on the go to use as moisturizer after washing your hands and to rub on your lips as a natural chap stick. You can incorporate coconut oil into a myriad of healthy, yummy snacks that will give an extra energy boost to keep you going during the day.
The possibilities are endless! You can start small. Try one or two of the many uses of coconut oil and see for yourself just much its benefits can change your life.