Posted by Niki Adamkova for Miller's Organic Farm on 1/21/2021 to Food
Whether you are a mom, dad, student, or business owner, at the end of the day we all want fresh, home-cooked meals that are easy to prepare. And we want lots of variety.
Preparing real foods can be time consuming and monotonous, but we bring both simplicity and creativity to the everyday meal with an enthusiasm for flavors and textures that are often lacking in easy week-morning dishes.
TO BAKE 8 biscuits prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 18 to 20 minutes
3 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, sifted
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted, plus more for rolling out the dough
2 large eggs
1/4 cup honey
1 cup Raw Milk of choice
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
5 tablespoons ghee
These honey biscuits are wonderful served warm with jam, eggs, sausage for breakfast, or as a side for warm soups when the need for something bread-like arises.
METHOD: 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the flours, eggs, honey, Almond Milk, vinegar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium until a loose dough forms.
3. Switch to a dough hook or use a pastry cutter to blend in the palm shortening, leaving pea-sized bits of the shortening visible in the dough.
4. Lightly sprinkle coconut flour on a sheet of parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Gather it into a ball and form it into a 1-inch-thick circle, using your palms to flatten the top.
5. Use a round cutter to make biscuits, gathering the remaining dough into a ball and repeating the process until all of it has been used up. Alternatively, hand-shape 8 biscuits from the dough.
6. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning the biscuits once midway through.
Allow cooling slightly on a wire rack before serving.
TIP: The texture of these biscuits is best when they are served fresh, but to have them on hand at all times, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for 6 months and rewarmed in a low oven. If frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before warming.
So yummy! Enjoy!